Fire Ant Bite Relief

Home / Pest Control / Fire Ant Bite Relief

The fire ants, also called red ants are among the most violent and aggressive insects. They attack nearly everything that may probably harm or threaten their colony. Not many individuals are aware that the red fire ants are members of hymenoptera order in which other prominent members are insects like wasps and bees.

The most long-lasting and awful bite is from the South American bullet ant. This may cause great pain and suffering, though it will not cause death to the victim.

The most lethal ant bite is from Jack Jumper found in Australia. This bite may easily kill animals, and even human beings.

The most violent and aggressive ant bite is from Red Imported ants. Their extremely venomous bites have an extremely toxic substance known as piperidine alkaloids. This blow may generate on the skin dreadful white fluid-filled bumps.

The bites from Southern Fire ant may easily generate blisters and itchiness that normally are annoying and painful.

The fire ants possess extremely annoying bite. Their bites may give rise to stinging or burning sensation on the proximity of the skin the bite occurred. The name “fire ant” is derived from the searing sensation they cause to skin after their bites. After the bite, the skin is going to rise, filling up with a fluid. You should not scratch the bitten area so that it may heal, since you may infect yourself easily or sometimes leave permanent scars on the skin.

The red ants are extremely little insects, and sometimes it is impossible to spot them on the clothes or your skin with your naked eye. Even though they are little insects, their real effects of the bites is seen and felt speedily, in not more than ten seconds after the bite. Do not be amazed if it will bite you another time in a short period. They will bite several times, even when the poison they had has already been used to bite you or any other animal.

Fire ants not only have the potential to bite but also to kill. Children bitten by these ants require urgent medical attention. There have been rising mortality rates from their bites, as well as transferring diseases from the first bite. Majority of ants will bite, leaving acid on the skin, but a fire ant’s bite is a bit different. It bites to be able to hold the skin better, then stinging from the abdomen. When you have any kind of allergies to fire ants, it could be a lethal poison for you.

The allergic reaction is not the sole problem from fire ant bites. The bite may leave a blisters which will be full of pus within a period of 6 to 8 hours, having the ability to stay the same way for a maximum of ten days.

First Aid When They Bite

  • Take off the infested clothes you had when the bite happened.
  • Clean the bite zone using soap and water or rubbing alcohol.
  • Use ice to lessen the pain and inflammation.
  • Apply anti-itch creams and lotions.
  • Contact a specialized doctor or call 911 if you have sensations like chest pains, shock and coma.

Written by Enzo Pavard

Enzo Pavard

Enzo Pavard is an expert in the destruction of harmful insects in Harlan, Kentucky He has 2 patents in rodent breeding and the owner of his cleaning company. He is married, has 2 children, and in his spare time he plays golf and is fond of archery.